Peer-Reviewed Articles in English
- Chong Chen, Jordan Roberts, Shikshya Adhikari, Victor Asal, Kyle Beardsley, Edward Gonzalez, Nakissa Jahanbani, Patrick James, Steven Lobell, Norrin M. Ripsman, Scott Silverstone, and Anne van Wijk, “Tipping Points: Challenges in Analyzing International Crisis Escalation,” International Studies Review, Vol. 24, No. 3, 2022, viac024, DOI: 10.1093/isr/viac024.
- Laia Balcells, Chong Chen, and Costantino Pischedda, “Do Birds of a Feather Flock Together? Rebel Constituencies and Civil War Alliances,” International Studies Quarterly, Vol. 66, No. 1, 2022, sqab095 (pp. 1-15).
- Chong Chen and Kyle Beardsley, “Once and Future Peacemakers: Continuity of Third-Party Involvement in Civil War Peace Processes,” International Peacekeeping, Vol. 28, No. 2, 2021, pp. 285-311.
- Kaitlyn Webster, Priscilla Torres, Chong Chen, and Kyle Beardsley, “Ethnic and Gender Hierarchies in the Crucible of War,” International Studies Quarterly, Vol. 64, No. 3, 2020, pp. 710–722.
- Kaitlyn Webster, Chong Chen, and Kyle Beardsley, “Conflict, Peace, and the Evolution of Women’s Empowerment,” International Organization, Vol. 73, No. 2, 2019, pp.255-289.
- Chong Chen, “Territorial Dispute Initiation by Weaker States,” The Chinese Journal of International Politics, Vol. 11. No. 3, 2018, pp.339-372.
Peer-Reviewed Articles in Chinese (Selected)
- Chong Chen and Jingtian Hu, “Spatial Dependence and Armed Conflict Prediction,” Quarterly Journal of International Politics (国际政治科学), No. 2, 2022, pp. 86-123.
- Zhusong Yang, Chong Chen, and Jingxi Yang, “The Conditional Impact of the Belt and Road Initiative on National Governance,” World Economics and Politics (世界经济与政治), No. 3, 2022, pp. 4-29.
- Chong Chen, “Explaining the Formation and Evolution of Global Diplomatic Networks: New Evidence from Network Analysis of Large-scale Event Data,” Foreign Affairs Review (外交评论), No. 4, 2021, pp. 120-154.
- Chong Chen, “Armed Conflict and Women’s Empowerment: Evidence from Two Natural Experiments,” Journal of International Security Studies (国际安全研究), No. 4, 2021, pp. 103-127.
- Yao Wen, Mengying Xie, and Chong Chen, “Explaining the Wave of Foreign Participation in Chinese Belt and Road Initiative: Evidence from Spatial Analyses,” World Economics and Politics (世界经济与政治), No. 2, 2021, pp. 134-154.
- Xun Pang and Chong Chen, “The Hirschman Effect of International Finance Ties: How China’s Currency Swap Agreements Affect Foreign Policy Convergence,” World Economics and Politics (世界经济与政治), No. 6, 2020, pp. 132-155.
- Chong Chen and Xun Pang, “Predicting the Timing and Location of Terrorist Attacks in Africa in the Age of Big Data: Combing GIS and Split Population Duration Models,” Foreign Affairs Review (外交评论), No. 2, 2020, pp. 121-154.
- Chong Chen, “Rethinking Opportunity, Greed, Grievance and Internal Conflict: A Spatio-Temporal Analysis of African Political Violence,” World Economics and Politics (世界经济与政治), No. 8, 2018, pp. 94-127.